Monday, February 20, 2012

Royal Book Challenge: Doomed Queens by Kris Waldherr

13/500

Doomed Queens: Royal Women Who Met Bad Ends, From Cleopatra to Princess Di by Kris Waldherr
Published 2008
176 Pages
ISBN: 9780767928991

I own several books about royal death. Out of all of them, hands down, this one is the funniest. I'll go as far as saying that this is one of the best books in my collection.

In 2009 I wrote a review for Doomed Queens, so I won't spoil it for you. Suffice to say that anyone who can take a macabre topic and combine it with gleeful humor, deserves some type of award in the best book about royal death category.

Heads off!..err hats off..to you Ms Waldherr!

© Marilyn Braun 2012

Thank you for enjoying this article. If you use the information for research purposes, a link to credit the work I've put into writing it would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

I'm so glad that you liked the book. I've met Kris and interviewed her at Scandalous Women. She was nice enough to give me a cover quote for the book when it came out.

Marilyn Braun said...

I really enjoy it when someone combines royalty with humor. She did a great job, especially considering that she was writing about death - something most people don't find very funny!